Monday, November 7, 2011

Minivan Confessions

(the Suburban / PBS version of Taxicab Confessions)


The carpool of 10-year-old boys have just finished soccer practice, under the lights, and in the rain; they are streaked with mud and happy as can be.  Everyone is laughing and boisterously singing along with the pop and hip-hop on the radio... until...

"Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO comes on...  

at which point, one of the boys from a neighboring school appallingly groans, "Ugh... that reminds me...  I had the most traumatic day of my life at the Robert Crown Center today!  Boys, you'll learn things you never wanted to know.  Puberty isn't even the start of it...  I can't even talk about it..."

My dear (and MUCH younger) 8 year old daughter proceeds to inquire what Robert Crown is and the boys, nearly in unison, respond with things like, "You don't want to know... you'll see in 5th grade... hold on to your innocence..."

--and then the minivan goes excruciatingly silent--

except for a stifled chuckle from yours truly...


as a side note, my DD just came out of bed to ask me if way back in the 70's people could see in color... 

No comments:

Post a Comment